- Why take a Writing Program course at NU?
- Peer tutoring for papers, applications, proposals, etc.
- (Not an editing service)
- Schedule an appointment online .
- Faculty contact: Prof. Barbara Shwom
- A collection of online writing resources: advice and materials shared by various NU faculty
- Get help with grammar and punctuation
- Learn how to avoid plagiarism and document sources responsibly
- Get advice for writing in different disciplines: science writing, social science writing, global health, etc.
- Learn how to write in specific genres, such as grants and proposals
- Faculty: see your colleagues' sample lessons and approaches to grading
- In partnership with the Graduate School and the Writing Program, the Graduate Writing Place provides a variety of programs and services for graduate students. These include:
- One-on-one writing consultations on the Evanston campus
- Cross-disciplinary writing workshops
- Dissertation boot camps
- Interdisciplinary writing groups
For more information about these services, please visit the Writing Place website.
- The Library's catalog
- LibGuides - specialized bibliographies by discipline (great for research)
- Live chats with librarians
- For help with resumes, cover letters, applications.
For the challenge of teaching writing
- Contact Robert Gundlach, Director of the Writing Program
- Contact the Searle Center for Advancing Learning and Teaching
- Check the First-year Seminar Faculty Resources on NuWrite